Spring Fundraising 2023 results, magic email address and book swap service
Dear Z-Library Community,
We are happy to announce that Spring Fundraising 2023 has been successfully completed, and we have raised all the necessary funds to develop our project. With your support we are able to continue our work on improving Z-Library, thank you very much for your help! We aim to provide access to the scientific literature and help educate people around the world. We would like to express our gratitude to everyone who has contributed to our library – your support motivates us to keep working on the project in these difficult times.
And now let's speak of other important news. As you know, some of our domains remain blocked in several countries. Today, we offer the possibility of creating an account or restoring access to an existing one through a special email address. How does it work? Just send any letter from your mailbox to our magic email address email@example.com, and you will receive your personal access to Z-Library in the auto-generated letter within 3–5 minutes. So simple!
The other news is we're starting work on a new service for exchanging paperback books between users. Books you have read should not gather dust on your shelf – instead, they can get a second life in the hands of new readers! This helps to preserve the literary heritage and spread the knowledge and ideas contained in books to more people.
But how can we make the process of exchanging books between users from around the world as simple, safe, and efficient as possible? To solve this problem, we want to organize "Z-Points" – collection and storage points for books that will be the link between those who share their books and those who need them. Book owners who are willing to share them with other users can send books to the nearest Z-Point in their region. And those who need books stored in these points will be able to receive them for their use.
What is a "Z-Point" and what functions does it perform?
- Receiving books sent by contributors through postal delivery
- Keeping records of the books received. We will make this process as simple as possible – it will be enough to simply upload a photo of each received book or scan its bar code (ISBN code)
- Long-term storage of received books (some books may not be in demand for years, and that's okay)
- Sending books to those who requested them
Our goal is to organize dozens of "Z-Points" around the world, and we need your help to do this. If you are ready to perform the functions of a "Z-Point" or know how to organize their work, please contact us. What are we looking for?
- Public or university libraries that can perform the functions of a "Z-Point"
- Services (fulfillment, 3PL, etc.) that can take on the work of receiving, sorting, and sending books
- People who are ready to personally organize or carry out the activities of a "Z-Point"
Can you help or have any ideas? Write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line "Z-Point Suggestions".